By Staff

    The Associated Press

    Posted September 22, 2024 10:57 am

    Updated September 26, 2024 2:22 pm

    1 min read

    Descrease article font size

    Increase article font size

    Kate, the Princess of Wales, made her first public appearance Sunday since she announced she had completed chemotherapy and would return to some public duties.

    Kate and her husband, Prince William, were seen Sunday attending church with King Charles III and Queen Camilla near their royal Balmoral estate in Scotland.

    Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

    Get daily National news

    Get the day’s top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

    Kate, 42, announced on Sept. 9 that she had completed treatment six months after revealing she had an undisclosed type of cancer. Her announcement came six weeks after Buckingham Palace announced that the king was being treated for cancer.

    In a video announcing her progress, she said the path to full recovery would be long and she would take it day by day. She said she would undertake some limited engagements through the end of the year.

    Trending Now

    Danielle Smith promises Alberta separation referendum if signatures warrant

    14 children arrested in U.K. after missing boy dies in industrial fire

    While she stepped away from most public duties during her treatment, Kate made two appearances earlier this year. First, during the king’s birthday parade in June, known as Trooping the Colour, and most recently during the men’s final at Wimbledon in July, where she received a standing ovation.

    More on Entertainment
    More videos

    &copy 2024 The Canadian Press

    Share.
    Leave A Reply