LONDON — Catherine, Princess of Wales, shared a heartfelt message on social media ahead of World Cancer Day.
World Cancer Day is observed internationally on Feb. 4, and Kate, 43, shared a new photo of herself standing and smiling in the woods with arms raised, with photography credit given to her 6-year-old son, Prince Louis.
“Don’t forget to nurture all that which lies beyond the disease,” she wrote on social media platform X.
Last month, the princess, formerly known as Kate Middleton, announced that her cancer is officially in remission.
In a post on social media, she released a statement sharing the news.
“It is a relief to now be in remission and I remain focused on recovery. As anyone who has experienced a cancer diagnosis will know, it takes time to adjust to a new normal. I am however looking forward to a fulfilling year ahead. There is much to look forward to. Thank you to everyone for your continued support,” she said on X.
She was out of the public eye for much of 2024 after undergoing a planned abdominal surgery last January. She announced in a video message on March 22 that she had been diagnosed with cancer and was receiving chemotherapy.
The princess said her cancer journey has been “complex, scary and unpredictable for everyone.”
She finished her chemotherapy treatment at the end of summer.
The Princess of Wales released a video message on Instagram in September featuring her husband, William, Prince of Wales, and their three children, sharing personal details about her cancer battle.
“As the summer comes to an end, I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have finally completed,” Kate says in the video. “The last nine months have been incredibly tough for us as a family. Life as you know it can change in an instant and we have had to find a way to navigate the stormy waters and road unknown.”
