Prince Harry’s much-hyped return to the UK is already unravelling, with insiders claiming his planned reunion with King Charles III has descended into bitter rows over time, place, and even purpose.

    The Duke of Sussex, 40, is due to arrive in the UK on September 8-  the second anniversary of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II’s death- for the WellChild Awards.

    But despite weeks of speculation about a sit-down with his 76-year-old father, who is battling cancer, palace insiders say negotiations have now broken down.

    Prince Harry’s UK visit could mark 'royal reckoning' with King Charles

    “The whole thing is a mess. They can’t settle on a schedule, they can’t agree on a location, and they don’t even have an agenda,” an insider told royal commentator Rob Shuter on Thursday. 

    “Every point turns into a fight.”

    Charles reportedly suggested a low-key meeting at Windsor Castle or Clarence House, while Harry pushed for a “neutral space far from palace walls”.

    What began as a dispute over venues soon turned into clashes over timing, with the King wanting the catch-up locked into his diary and Harry demanding flexibility.

    Even the purpose of the meeting has sparked rows.

    Charles’ aides insist the focus should be on “moving forward”, but Harry’s team reportedly demanded “unresolved grievances be addressed first”.

    “It’s gridlock,” another insider confirmed.

    “They can’t even agree on why they’re meeting.”

    Adding to the tension, Harry is said to have drawn up a list of “demands” for his father, as shared by Shuter in a recent Substack article.  

    The first demand is for full security for himself, his wife, Meghan Markle, and their children, Prince Archie, age six, and Princess Lilibet, age four, to be funded by the King.

    Prince Harry loses UK security ruling

    This follows Harry’s recent failed legal bid to reinstate taxpayer-funded police protection in his home country. 

    Secondly, he wants Buckingham Palace to take control of media and paparazzi management.

    “Harry doesn’t want another trip where he feels unprotected and exposed,” a palace aide told Shuter.

    “He wants iron-clad guarantees- not vague promises. Security and privacy are non-negotiable.”

    The most contentious point, however, is his demand that Meghan be treated as HRH, complete with “bows and curtsies”, despite stepping away from royal duties in 2020.

    While communications teams on both sides were spotted in London holding “peace talks” in July, courtiers now warn this “latest failure” could slam the door shut on reconciliation.

    “If this collapses, the door may slam shut for good,” one said.

    Prince Harry torched over ‘deeply alarming’ BBC interview

    Harry is travelling solo, without Meghan or their children, and it’s unclear how long he intends to stay in the UK.

    He has not seen his father since January last year, but told the BBC in May that he “would love a reconciliation” with the Royal Family.

    “There’s no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious,” he said, adding he doesn’t know “how much longer” his father has left.

    Share.
    Leave A Reply