Prince Andrew GIVES UP Duke Of York Title Amid Epstein Fallout

    Prince Andrew will no longer be called the Duke of York. The royal has given up his title in the wake of continued scrutiny surrounding his connection to Jeffrey Epstein. Andrew confirmed the news in a statement obtained by Access Hollywood on October 17th, explaining that the decision was reached after consulting with his brother, King Charles, and other loved ones. In discussion with the king and my immediate and wider family, we have concluded the continued accusations about me distract from the work of his majesty and the royal family,” he began, noting that the group agreed the time had come for him to quote, “goo a step further and relinquish his title and related honors.” “I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first. I stand by my decision five years ago to stand back from public life,” he continued, also reiterating that he quote vigorously denies all accusations against him. Andrew previously settled a sexual abuse lawsuit from Epstein survivor Virginia, who died by suicide earlier this year. Andrew first faced backlash following the publication of a photo of himself putting his arm around a then underage Fray. In a disastrous 2019 interview with BBC’s News Night, he said he’d contacted Epstein that year with the intent of ending their friendship, despite his earlier claims that he’d cut ties with the disgraced financeier nearly a decade earlier. Epste was convicted for soliciting prostitution from a minor in 2008. He was later arrested on federal sex trafficking and conspiracy charges and found dead in his New York City prison cell in 2019 while awaiting trial. His death was ruled a suicide. As the son of the late Queen Elizabeth, Andrew does retain his birthright to be considered a prince. His daughters, Princess Beatatrice and Princess Eujenei, are not affected by the latest development, Access Hollywood has learned. The news also comes weeks after several charities dropped Andrew’s ex-wife, former Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson, after an email she sent to Epstein in 2011, resurfaced in which she reportedly called him quote, “a steadfast, generous, and supreme friend to me and my family.” After the email was made public, a spokesperson for Ferguson released a statement to NBC News, noting that she quote spoke of her regret about her association with Epstein many years ago. And as they have always been, her first thoughts are with his victims. Like many people, she was taken in by his lies. As soon as she was aware of the extent of the allegations against him, she not only cut off contact, but condemned him publicly to the extent that he then threatened to sue her for defamation for associating him with pedophilia. She does not resile from anything she said then. The email was sent in the context of advice the Duchess was given to try to assuage Epstein and his threats. [Music]

    Prince Andrew will no longer be called the Duke of York. The royal has given up his title in the wake of continued scrutiny surrounding his connection to Jeffrey Epstein. Andrew confirmed the news in a statement obtained by Access Hollywood on Oct. 17, explaining that the decision was reached after consulting with his brother, King Charles, and other loved ones. “In discussion with The King, and my immediate and wider family, we have concluded the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family,” he began, noting that the group agreed the time had come for him to “go a step further” and relinquish his titles and related honors. “I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first. I stand by my decision five years ago to stand back from public life,” he continued, also reiterating that he “vigorously” denies all accusations against him. Andrew previously settled a sexual abuse lawsuit from Epstein survivor Virginia Giuffre, who died by suicide earlier this year. Andrew first faced backlash following the publication of a photo of himself putting his arm around a then-underage Giuffre. In a disastrous 2019 interview with BBC’s “Newsnight,” he said he’d contacted Epstein that year with the intent of ending their friendship despite his earlier claims that he’d cut ties with the disgraced financier nearly a decade earlier. Epstein was convicted for soliciting prostitution from a minor in 2008. He was later arrested on federal sex trafficking and conspiracy charges and found dead in his New York City prison cell in 2019 while awaiting trial. His death was ruled a suicide.

    Share.

    1 Comment

    Leave A Reply