Tensions have risen between Prince Harry and Buckingham Palace over the details of his recent trip to Canada.
The Duke of Sussex recently travelled to Toronto, Canada for some events commemorating Remembrance Day – a trip that the palace reportedly claims they had not been made aware of.
According to People, palace aides deny they were informed of the Duke of Sussex’s travel plans while Harry’s team claim the palace had been told.
Tension has risen as the Palace claims they were not informed about Harry’s plans to travel to Canada. (AP)
The official announcement of Prince Harry’s visit to Canada came earlier this month and his team indicated that royal communications staff had been informed in advance “as a courtesy”.
But the palace reportedly says they the announcement came as a surprise.
The announcement of the Duke’s visit also came as Prince William arrived in Rio, Brazil for his Earthshot Prize awards ceremony.
It was the fifth installation of the Prince of Wales’ climate awards, which aim to find solutions to the world’s biggest problems.
READ MORE: Fergie’s book ‘withdrawn from sale’ amid Andrew’s title scandal
READ MORE: Lily was six when she lost everything in the Black Saturday bushfires. It put her on track for global stardom
READ MORE: Stunning budget-friendly DIYs to decorate your home with for Christmas
Prince William visited Brazil at the same time for his Earthshot Prize awards ceremony. (Getty)
A source said the timing of the announcement was unavoidable and was a result of his lack of state-funded security, which he and wife Meghan lost when they stepped back as working royals in 2020.
Due to this lower level of protection, the timeframe for publicising such events is much smaller, the source said.
Announcements are made in line with guidance from his private security team and those connected to the individual events.
While the announcement was made at the last minute, a spokesperson for the duke said that the event had been “months in the planning”.
Earlier this year it was reported that Prince harry offered to share his official schedule of engagements and outings with the royal family to keep them informed in what was seen as an olive branch amid their ongoing estrangement.
There has been a rift between Harry and the rest of his family since he stepped away from royal duties in 2020. (Samir Hussein/WireImage)
The proposal would allow for transparency on the Sussex family’s engagements and help to avoid any schedule clashes.
Harry and William have had a strained relationship since Harry and Meghan stepped away from their royal roles in 2020 and moved to California, USA.
Recently, however, Harry has said that he would “love” to repair the rift between himself and the rest of his family.
FOLLOW US ON WHATSAPP HERE: Stay across all the latest in celebrity, lifestyle and opinion via our WhatsApp channel. No comments, no algorithm and nobody can see your private details.
