<span class="wp-caption-text">MEGA; James Whatling</span>

MEGA; James Whatling

Prince Harry was apparently ready to mend fences with brother Prince William.

The Duke of Sussex, 41 — who has previously opened up about his strained relationship with his family, including the Prince of Wales, 43 — allegedly went to great lengths to talk with his estranged sibling.

Royal expert Omid Scobie, who penned the 2023 book Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy’s Fight for Survival, claimed that Harry reached out to a third party in hopes to reconnect with William.

“When I wrote my last book [Endgame] I was having conversations with people very close to Harry, and one of the things that were shared with me was that Harry had reached out to an intermediary, kind of mutual friend between himself and his brother, hoping that would allow them to have some kind of conversation together, maybe with someone present, or through whatever channel,” Scobie told Us Weekly in an article published Tuesday, February 17.

 <span class="wp-caption-text">WP#JRAK/WENN/Newscom/The Mega Agency</span>

WP#JRAK/WENN/Newscom/The Mega Agency

“It didn’t happen,” Scobie said. “It wasn’t received in any way whatsoever, and so from what I see now from the outside, it looks like that stone wall is still up. Unless the attitudes change on both sides, we’re never going to find any way to resolution.”

It’s no secret that the Spare author has been at odds with his brother for years. Their relationship continued to decline after Harry married Meghan Markle and stepped back as a senior royal to pursue a more common life in California.

In May 2025, Harry — who shares son Prince Archie, 6, and daughter Princess Lilibet, 4, with the Duchess of Sussex, 44 — spoke to the BBC about how he hoped to one day make peace with the royals.

“There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” said the father of two, adding that he’s “forgiven” the people whom he has been at odds with.

“I would love reconciliation with my family,” continued Harry, whose father, King Charles III, was diagnosed with an undisclosed form of cancer in 2024.

“There’s no point continuing to fight any more,” he said, adding that “life is precious.”

This story Prince Harry Allegedly ‘Reached Out to an Intermediary’ to Communicate With Prince William Amid Tension first appeared on National Examiner. Add National Examiner as a Preferred Source by clicking here.

Leave A Reply