Reality star Luisa Zissman has lashed out at claims that she is being paid by the Dubai government to post content after she branded the UAE the ‘safest place in the world’Daniel Bird Assistant Celebrity and Entertainment Editor

    06:57, 13 Mar 2026

    Luisa Zissman has responded to claims she's being paid by the UAE government to speak about Dubai

    Luisa Zissman has responded to claims she’s being paid by the UAE government to speak about Dubai(Image: luisazissman/Instagram)

    Luisa Zissman has denied she’s being paid to promote Dubai. The reality star, 38, is one of countless British celebs who turned their backs on the United Kingdom in favour of a new life in the United Arab Emirates city.

    Since moving to the UAE, Zissman, who found fame on the BBC’s The Apprentice, has been among the many vocal social media influencers praising the UAE. She previously claimed that it is the “safest country in the world ” – despite missile strikes and drone attacks amid the ongoing Middle East war.

    In recent days, following the attacks on Dubai, Luisa has returned to the United Kingdom and told fans she had already booked a work trip. However, she has continued to support her new city.

    Ensure our latest headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as your Preferred Source in your Google search settings.

    Luisa reshared a post hitting out at claims she's being paid by the UAE government

    Luisa reshared a post hitting out at claims she’s being paid by the UAE government(Image: Instagram)

    Luisa reshared a post hitting out at claims she's being paid by the UAE government

    Instead, she claims she loves the UAE city(Image: Instagram)

    On Thursday, she shared a video, originally posted by a Dubai-based influencer, with the caption “POV: The internet thinks Dubai is paying you to post content. Reality: You just genuinely love living here and appreciate how they keep everyone safe.”

    Criticising the government, spreading rumours, or damaging the reputation of the UAE can result in fines of up to £200,000, prison sentences of up to five years, and deportation. Since returning to London, Luisa has used her social media platform to complain about crime and the weather.

    She had also told her online followers that she was in “my refugee era,” saying she had been displaced from her home due to the ongoing conflict across the Middle East. Luisa said on Instagram: “Back in Blighty, I’m in Chinatown, I’m heading into the Global studios this morning.

    Luisa left her life in the UK for a new life in Dubai

    Luisa left her life in the UK for a new life in Dubai(Image: Instagram)

    The reality star previously claimed Dubai is safer than the UK

    The reality star previously claimed Dubai is safer than the UK(Image: Instagram)

    “Obviously I am no longer in Dubai, I was due back for work anyway so I came back with the kids, they’re on school holidays now and I just wanted to bring them back with me.” Looking concerned, she added: “I’m really paranoid someone is going to steal my phone.

    “I’m now in my refugee era, displaced from my home.” Sharing details about how she left Dubai, given that flights out of the city had been grounded, she said: “It was actually fine leaving, it was very, very easy, we went through Oman, took us about 15 minutes to get through the border then flew out from Muscat to Heathrow. Back with Team Luanna for the next two days and I’m very excited to see my crew, and I’m very f***ing cold and it’s very grey.”

    Luisa has since shared a clip of Peaky Blinders star Cillian Murphy looking bored as she made her feelings clear on the panic that many have expressed at being trapped in the UAE since the conflict. The text alongside the meme, in which the Irish actor looks distinctly unimpressed while being interviewed, read: “Everyone in (UAE flags) seeing tourists talk in interviews like they just came back from the frontlines.”

    It comes after Brits who have been working in Dubai were asked to return to work, despite the Iranian missile strikes. British teachers at schools in the Gulf state were allowed to take a break due to the war. But they are expected to return to their duties once the kids are back. Some Dubai-based Brits must now decide whether to return to the UK and look for a new job. One young teacher, who did not wish to be named, told the Mirror: “The end of term was brought forward when the war started.

    “But the end of the holiday was also brought forward so that the children do not miss lessons. They expect us to be back to work at the end of the break. But it is a dilemma given this emergency situation. I am not sure what to do.”

    Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.

    Share.
    Leave A Reply