“It’s going to be a highly scrutinised situation,” Ball said, “and I think the new hosts will be so relieved when it’s out there and everyone can just talk about the show, and who’s going to be the celebrities this year, and then they can settle into that.”

    She added: “My mum always used to say, you know, ‘what’s for you will come your way’. And I’m really grateful that I got to do the show. (Ball was a contestant on Strictly in 2005).

    “But also, I got 10 years on It Takes Two of having so much fun. And, you know, I’m a massive fan, so I will now be able to wear my PJs.

    “I won’t have to go to Turkey for the facelift Jo, which I’d bought the flights [for],” she joked. “So you know, I’m saving myself some money, and I will be taking all my sequin garments from the cupboards to the local charity shop.

    “But I just want to say thanks to the team for including me in the process in the first place. And what a relief for everybody that it is now done.”

    Ball’s comments come after months of speculation over who will be appointed to two of the top jobs in British television.

    A shortlist reportedly drawn up earlier this year included household names such as Rylan Clark, Alex Jones, Bradley Walsh and Rob Rinder.

    Other names linked with the role early on included Holly Willoughby, Alan Carr, Amanda Holden and Alison Hammond, although they have all since reportedly ruled themselves out.

    The shortlist has now reportedly been whittled down by the BBC following a series of on-screen chemistry tests in recent weeks.

    The latest newspaper reports suggest former Big Brother and The Voice presenter Emma Willis is set to be offered one of the two roles., external

    Willis currently presents a Saturday afternoon show on BBC Radio 2 which was previously presented by Ball.

    Comedian Josh Widdecombe and pro dancer Johannes Radebe are also still in the frame, according to the Sun, external.

    Ball concluded: “You just want to know what you’re doing over the next few months, don’t you? And I think that’s been the thing for everybody [the other presenters].

    “Everybody’s been on slightly on hold of, ‘oh, you know, can I do that tour? Can I do that show? Can I also do this?’

    “So I think everybody who’s been through the process will be relieved now to know, and I think everyone’s the same, everyone will be chuffed to have been included.

    “But we are in safe hands. If what I have figured out with my Jessica Fletcher investigations, we are in safe hands, and the show is gonna be brilliant.”

    A BBC spokesman said: “Plans for Strictly Come Dancing 2026 will be confirmed in due course.”

    Share.

    Comments are closed.