Prince Harry could be set for a “huge payday” if he agrees to a new deal, after earning a jaw-dropping amount from his explosive memoir Spare

    04:29 ET, 16 Jun 2025Updated 05:02 ET, 16 Jun 2025

    Prince HarryPrince Harry is ‘sitting on an even bigger goldmine with screen rights to Spare’

    Prince Harry has reportedly been urged to sell the TV and movie rights to his memoir Spare, as part of a fresh deal with Netflix.

    The Duke of Sussex published his explosive book in 2023, which unveiled numerous revelations about his life within the Royal Family.

    Harry and his wife Meghan Markle, parents to six-year-old Archie and four-year-old Lilibet, stepped down from their senior roles in 2020 and have since made America their home.

    It’s reported that the Duke has raked in over £22million in royalties from his best-selling book.

    Now, an insider claims he’s been told that a three or four-part drama series based on his book could be worth “tens of millions of dollars”.

    “Spare is the one ace the couple can play to guarantee blockbuster ratings and ensure themselves another potentially huge payday,” the source revealed to the Sunday Express.

    “There have been a number of serious discussions about turning Harry’s book into a limited drama series with a star cast.

    “Netflix is anxious to fill the ‘royal void’ in its programming since the sixth and final series of The Crown in late 2023.”

    Prince Harry bookPrince Harry made several revelations about his life as a royal in his autobiography Spare

    This news comes just weeks before Harry and Meghan’s alleged $100million (£73.6m) five-year deal with the streaming giant is set to expire.

    LA-based media analyst Martin Cobb stated that the 40-year-old is “sitting on an even bigger goldmine with screen rights to Spare.”

    He told the publication: “If he decides his relationships with his family are irredeemable, he may well go ahead and cash in at a time when he and Meghan are struggling to maintain the momentum they first had with Netflix.”

    Through their deal with the steaming giant, Harry and Meghan released a six-part series which delved into their royal lives and their decision to step back from their duties.

    In his autobiography, the Prince also dropped several bombshells, including details about an alleged spat between him and his elder brother, Prince William, in 2019.

    He also claimed that he and his sibling pleaded with their father, King Charles, not to marry Queen Camilla, whom he also took a swipe at.

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could be set for a ‘huge payday’

    Harry’s relationship with his family has been strained for several years. In a recent interview with the BBC, he expressed a desire for reconciliation.

    “There’s no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious,” the Duke of Sussex stated.

    He further revealed that his father “won’t speak to him” following a disagreement over his security arrangements.

    Harry suffered a loss in a legal case last month regarding the downgrading of his personal security level.

    Reflecting on the verdict, he disclosed that he had decided against pursuing further legal action, as the judgement “[proved] that there was no way to win this through the courts”.

    He added that this also meant he “can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point”.

    Share.
    Leave A Reply