Prince Harry’s team have now addressed claims that he is ‘seriously worried’ about the Prince of Wales exiling him from the UK when he takes the throne.
Prince William and Harry have not been on speaking terms for years(Image: In Pictures via Getty Images)
Prince Harry’s team has hit back at claims that he is “seriously worried” about being banned from the UK by his brother Prince William when he becomes King. Royal author Tom Bower said in a recent interview with the Mirror that “Harry is seriously worried that when his father dies one day, William will literally banish him and he will have no status in Britain at all”.
However, the duke’s team have now rubbished these claims and a spokesperson has said that Harry retains a desire to reunite with his family following their very lengthy public feud. The 40 year old currently lives in Montecito, California with his wife Meghan Markle and their two kids, Archie and Lilibet.
The spokesperson told GB News: “It’s funny how the people who know the least about him always have the most to say”. Harry recently said in a BBC interview that he would “love reconciliation” with his family. He said: “There’s no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious”.
The prince also said in the interview that his father, King Charles, had been refusing to speak to him over a disagreement regarding whether or not he has security in the UK, the Mirror reports.
Harry has publicly said that he is keen to reconcile with his family(Image: AFP via Getty)
Harry lost a legal battle over the matter in court earlier this year.
The duke’s security levels changed in 2020 when he and Meghan made the decision to step down from the Royal Family and relocate to the States for financial and personal freedom.
He suggested that the Firm and other officials hoped his realisation of the increased safety risk “would force us to come back”.
The duke failed in an appeal of the dismissal of his High Court claim against the Home Office, over the decision of the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (RAVEC) that he should receive a different degree of protection when in the UK.
Harry recently said that he wants to reconcile with his family as he “does not know how much longer my father has” after the King was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of last year.
Harry said he has now “forgiven” his family.
However, he added: “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point.”
Some significant steps have been taken to close the rift between the father and son.
The Sussexes’ chief communications officer Meredith Maines and their UK PR chief Liam Maguire were seen with communication secretary for the King, Tobyn Andreae.
Photos of the meeting at the Royal Over-Seas League near Clarence House were obtained by the Mail on Sunday, which cited an insider saying there were “things both sides wanted to talk about” but no “formal agenda” for the talks.
Meanwhile, The Mail reports that it is not known which side initiated the meeting.
Join the Daily Record WhatsApp community!
Get the latest news sent straight to your messages by joining our WhatsApp community today.
You’ll receive daily updates on breaking news as well as the top headlines across Scotland.
No one will be able to see who is signed up and no one can send messages except the Daily Record team.
All you have to do is click here if you’re on mobile, select ‘Join Community’ and you’re in!
If you’re on a desktop, simply scan the QR code above with your phone and click ‘Join Community’.
We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like.
To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose ‘exit group’.
If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
The bad blood between the Royal Family and the Sussexes became notably worse following their 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey, where they both made a number of shocking allegations against members of the Firm, one of which concerned the colour of their son Prince Archie’s skin tone before he was born.
Things then went from bad to worse when their Netflix docuseries was released just months after the late Queen’s death in 2022, followed by Harry’s tell-all memoir Spare, which was released in January 2023.
Within his memoir, Harry alleged that William had physically attacked him and that the King put his own interests above Harry’s and was jealous of Meghan.
