Prince Harry has spoken out about the day a statement was released in his name and that of Prince William, denying that the future King had bullied him and Meghan MarklePrince William and Meghan MarklePrince Harry revealed Meghan Markle’s reaction after a Prince William move(Image: Getty, Netflix)

    Meghan Markle was reportedly overcome with emotion, breaking down in tears after Prince William issued a statement denying bullying claims, as revealed by Prince Harry.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex recounted an episode from early 2020, following the Sandringham Summit which took place after their decision to step back from Royal duties. A narrative emerged suggesting that they were driven out due to alleged bullying by Prince William.

    In the explosive fifth installment of their Netflix docuseries, Harry described Meghan’s distress, stating, “I mean, the saddest part of it was this wedge created between me and my brother so that he’s now on the institution’s side. And I get, part of that I get. I understand right?

    READ MORE: Prince William ‘to shut door’ on Archie and Lilibet as he plans Harry and Meghan changeREAD MORE: What Amy Bradley Is Missing doc doesn’t tell you about her disappearance

    “That’s his inheritance, so to some extent, it’s already ingrained in him that part of his responsibility is the survivability and the continuation of this institution.

    The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Canada HouseThe Sussexe quit the Royal Family in 2020(Image: Getty)

    “That day, a story came out that part of the reason why Meghan and I were leaving was because William had bullied us out.”

    He continued, “And once I got in the car after the meeting, I was told about a joint statement that had been put out in my name and my brother’s name, squashing the story about him bullying us out of the family.”

    “I couldn’t believe it. No one had asked me permission to put my name to a statement like that.

    “And I rang [Meghan] and I told her and she burst into floods of tears because within four hours they were happy to lie to protect my brother and yet for three years, they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”

    The declaration, which remains visible on the now-defunct sussexroyal website, currently displays a disclaimer above it, reports the Express.

    It read, “On January 13, 2020, the following joint statement was issued by a spokesperson for Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex in response to accusations of bullying being the reason for The Duke and Duchess’s departure.

    “The Duke of Sussex was not made aware of the statement prior to its release.”

    However, a Royal commentator slammed the pair who, regardless of the situation, proceeded to “air their dirty laundry in public.”

    It was a decision which inflicted significant “damage to the narrative of a happy family life.”

    Royal writer Ed Owens remarked on the Mirror’s Pod Save The King podcast: “We’ve had the Sussexes airing their dirty laundry in public for the best part of three years – and again it has done much damage to that narrative of happy family life.”

    Share.
    Leave A Reply