Royal Family Source Gives Health Update on King Charles III (Exclusive) originally appeared on Parade.
King Charles III’s health is declining, a source exclusively tells Parade.
“King Charles’ health has been deteriorating more and more,” the insider says.
🎬SIGN UP for Parade’s Daily newsletter to get the latest pop culture news & celebrity interviews delivered right to your inbox 🎬
The source continues: “It wouldn’t be surprising if Prince William and Prince Harry reconnected a bit more over this. This could be the thing that pushes it to happen.”
Parade reached out to Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace for comment but did not immediately hear back.
Related: Why Prince Harry and Prince William May Reconnect Sooner Rather Than Later: Source (Exclusive)
Charles was diagnosed with an undisclosed form of cancer in February 2024, the Palace announced in a statement last year. During his hospital stay for a routine procedure for benign prostate enlargement at the time, tests revealed that cancer was detected, though a specific type has still not yet been shared with the public.
“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual,” the statement read. “The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.”
The statement concluded: “His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”
Related: King Charles Offers Rare Health Update Amid Ongoing Cancer Battle: It’s ‘Just One of Those Things’
As for brothers William and Harry, the two have long been at odds. During an interview with the BBC in May, the Duke of Sussex said he hoped to mend fences with the royals.
“I would love reconciliation with my family,” he said. “There’s no point continuing to fight anymore. Life is precious. I don’t know how much longer my father has. He won’t speak to me because of this security stuff [the Sussex family is entitled to in the U.K.], but it would be nice to reconcile.”
He continued, “As I learned through the First Nations throughout Canada, because of the Invictus Games, their goal in life was always truth in reconciliation, and I turned around to them in many conversations and said, ‘Right, but reconciliation can’t come without truth.’ Well, I’ve now found out the truth.”
Royal Family Source Gives Health Update on King Charles III (Exclusive) first appeared on Parade on Aug 14, 2025
This story was originally reported by Parade on Aug 14, 2025, where it first appeared.
