Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new home leaves 2 families displaced: report
Kate Middleton and Prince William are reportedly making a big move, and it hasn’t come without some drama. The royal couple along with Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louie are set to settle into Fort Lodge, an 8-bedroom mansion in Windsor Great Park that’s being described as their forever home. But according to the Daily Mail, two families who had been living in cottages next to the property were asked to vacate earlier this summer. A source told the outlet they were told to move out. They were not expecting it. The families were crown estate tenants, and while they weren’t handed eviction notices, they’ve since relocated to similar or even better housing nearby. Insiders say the decision was made for security and privacy reasons, pointing out that the cottages sit very close to the lodge, and royal life doesn’t exactly mix with just any Tom, Dick, or Harry living next door. For William and Kate, the move represents a fresh start. They’re covering costs themselves with no additional burden on taxpayers. The couple has been based at Adelide Cottage since 2022 to be close to their children’s school, but reports suggest Fort Lodge, valued around $21 million, offers the environment they’ve been searching for, especially after what’s been a very difficult period for Kate. The Princess of Wales has been open about her cancer battle, describing it as a really, really difficult time that left her struggling to return to normal even after treatment ended. A source explained, “Windsor has become their home, but their last few years at Adelide Cottage have been really tough. Now, Fort Lodge is meant to be a new chapter, one centered on stability, recovery, and family life.
Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new family mansion reportedly forced two families to move out of their nearby homes.
The royal couple and their three children — Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 10, and Prince Louis, 7 — are planning to live in Fort Lodge, an eight-bedroom mansion in Windsor Great Park that will be their “forever home,” the Daily Mail reported Sunday.
Because of this, two separate families who lived in cottages next to the mansion were asked to vacate their properties earlier this summer, according to the report.
Read more at https://pagesix.com/2025/08/17/royal-family/kate-middleton-and-prince-williams-new-home-forces-2-families-to-move-out-report/
#princewilliam #katemiddleton #royals
Page Six is your source for celebrity news, gossip, entertainment, pop culture, photos, video and more.
Catch the latest news and gossip here:
https://pagesix.com/
Follow us on:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pagesix/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/PageSix
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/pagesix/
Check out We Hear, our Page Six podcast!
And Page Six Style has the latest news on celebrity style including fashion trends, red carpet photos, and beauty tips.
Catch the latest news here: https://pagesix.com/style/
Follow us on:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pagesix/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/PageSix

2 Comments
There is NO drama, and no one was "displaced"; media should be using more credible "sources" instead of manufacturing drama. This is standard procedure when property changes hands, we just sold a farm with two houses and buildings rented out for storage and workshops and ALL tenants had to vacate the property for the new owners.
DITCH THE A.I. VOICEOVER!