Prince Harry is reportedly making earnest efforts to mend fences with the Royal family, while Meghan has remained silent following his latest peace offering.

    It has come to light that just a few days ago, the Duke left a letter at a Royal event attended by King Charles and Queen Camilla. He reportedly asked a friend to subtly leave a note and a wreath of red poppies at the Burma Star Memorial, in honour of the national VJ Day commemorations.

    Interestingly, the letter was placed after Charles and Camilla had departed, so as not to detract from the service, which paid tribute to the sacrifice of Second World War heroes who fought and perished in the Pacific and Far East.

    READ MORE: The pretty Scottish village that’s best to spot iconic legend and TV castle

    READ MORE: Rylan Clark shares huge relationship update and says ‘I’m very happy’

    Meanwhile, Meghan’s signature was absent from the letter. This isn’t the first time she’s maintained her silence in recent weeks, leading experts to question why she hasn’t voiced support for her husband amidst a ‘devastating’ boardroom dispute.

    Earlier this year, the Duke resigned from Sentebale, the charity he established to assist children orphaned by Aids in Lesotho, following a tense confrontation with the chairwoman, Dr Sophie Chandauka, reports the Mirror.

    Harry was reportedly heartbroken by the disagreement, which resulted in all parties being reprimanded by the Charity Commission for allowing the dispute to become so public. Many anticipated Meghan to publicly support Harry.

    However, her continued silence has raised eyebrows among Royal observers.

    note

    A personal letter and wreath was left at the event. -Credit:PA

    In her latest Instagram post, Meghan Markle chose to sidestep the ongoing controversy. The 44 year old Duchess shared a video on Tuesday in which she is seen preparing and serving a lemon pasta spaghetti dish; before this, she promoted the forthcoming second series of With Love Meghan.

    Dr Tessa Dunlop, an expert, told the Mirror: “Now that Meghan and Harry have signed a new Netflix deal (‘looser’ and apparently less lucrative than the previous $78m one but a deal nonetheless), might the Duchess find her voice?”.

    “Not the one she volubly uses to hawk As Ever wares (in conjunction with Netflix) but rather the voice Meghan famously re-found after leaving the Royal Family, the one that talked her truth to Royal power and surely could talk her truth to the Sentebale fiasco?”.

    “No, really, why hasn’t Meghan come out batting for Prince Harry in his latest round of verbal fisty-cuffs concerning his former African charity? After all, the Duke has consistently spoken out in support of his wife, establishing the precedent early on and against the wishes of his family when he condemned Britain’s media coverage and insisted he had never before witnessed such a ‘degree of pressure, scrutiny and harassment’ from the press.

    “As it currently stands, Harry cuts a lonely figure. The Charity Commission ‘identified a ‘strong perception of ill treatment’ swirling in the unhappy waters of his former charity, Sentebale. It was a terse ruling that exonerated no one; all parties remain incandescent, particularly the aggrieved prince, who insists the report has fallen ‘troublingly short’.

    “In other words, the Duke of Sussex’s nemesis, Dr Sophie Chanduka, is still at large, running Harry’s former beloved Sentebale. The Duke could really do with some public TLC, especially from his wife, whose own issues with said Dr Chanduka were allegedly caught on camera at a polo match Sentebale fundraiser.”

    This follows the confirmation by Harry and Meghan that they have extended their deal with Netflix, having signed a new “multi-year, first look deal for film and television projects”.

    While the Duchess was quick to celebrate the signing, experts suggested that the deal represents a step down for the couple.

    Share.
    Leave A Reply