The family of Virginia Giuffre has called for a further investigation into Prince Andrew after he was stripped of his royal title yesterday, and the King ordered him to move out of his Royal Lodge home in Windsor.
Charles took the dramatic decision to formally strip his brother of his Prince and Duke of York titles and HRH style on Thursday night after weeks of intensifying pressure over his friendship with convicted paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew has consistently and “vigorously” denied all allegations of sexual assault made against him by Giuffre, who died earlier this year.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ms Giuffre’s brother, Sky Roberts, thanked the King for making the moved and told the BBC: “But it’s not enough… we have to have some sort of investigation that goes further into this.
“I mean, he’s still walking around a free man. I commend the King… but we need to take it one more step further: he needs to be behind bars, period.”
Follow all the latest updates from Yahoo News below
Live6 updates
Fri 31 October 2025 at 9:04 am GMT
Ellen Manning

Jonathan Dimbleby with King Charles at Highgrove. (Alamy)
Former BBC presenter Jonathan Dimbleby, a close friend and biographer of the King, said he would be feeling “a measure of relief” following his decision.
Speaking to BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, he described Andrew as: “arrogant, boorish, entitled, an embarrassment for a long time to the institution of the monarchy and to the King.”
He said: “I think that today he [the King] will be feeling a measure of relief that after going through due process constitutionally, legally, being in touch with his family, making sure to keep in touch with No 10, that he has made this decision, his own personal decision, a very big decision… and hope that for him and for the monarchy it will now go away, although it won’t of course for Andrew.”
Fri 31 October 2025 at 8:46 am GMT
Ellen Manning
A BBC Question Time audience burst into spontaneous applause when they were told that Andrew was to be stripped of his titles.
As presenter Fiona Bruce informed them of the breaking news, exclamations of surprise could be heard from the audience followed by clapping.
Labour’s Lisa Nandy, who was appearing on the programme, said: “I think this is a really brave, important, and right step by the King, and I fully support it”.
Fri 31 October 2025 at 8:38 am GMT
Ellen Manning

Prince Andrew pictured earlier this month. (PA)
Asked if Andrew should go to the US to answer questions about late paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein, Bryant said he should.
He told the BBC: “I think that just as with any ordinary member of the public, if there were requests from another jurisdiction of this kind, I would expect any decently-minded person to comply with that request.
“So I feel exactly there same in this situation.”
He added: “What I’m basically saying is that I think that if Andrew is asked to do something by a Senate committee, then I would have thought that he would want to comply.”
Fri 31 October 2025 at 8:28 am GMT
Ellen Manning

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie will retain their titles. (Getty)
While their father has been stripped of his titles and honours, it is believed that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie will retain theirs.
The sisters will be welcome to join the gathering at Sandringham for Christmas and other royal family events, it is understood.
The pair are also thought to have the continued support of Prince William.
Read more about this from Yahoo News UK here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fri 31 October 2025 at 8:13 am GMT
Ellen Manning

The move comes after the publication of Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir ‘Nobody’s Girl’. (Getty)
The move was welcomed across the board, including by the family of the late Virginia Giuffre, who accused Andrew of sexually assaulting her when she was 17.
They said in a statement that she “brought down a British prince with her truth and extraordinary courage”.
Minister of Trade Policy Chris Bryant told BBC Breakfast that “the vast majority of people in this country will think that it’s the right thing to do”, saying: “My constituents…. and your viewers will think ‘hurrah, well done to the King’”.
Fri 31 October 2025 at 8:10 am GMT
Ellen Manning
Prince Andrew is being formally stripped of his title in the latest chapter in the fallout from the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
Buckingham Palace announced that King Charles is initiating a formal process to remove his brother’s titles and honours. He will also have to move out of his Royal Lodge mansion in Windsor.
Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor and will move to a property on the Sandringham Estate.
He has consistently and vehemently denied any allegations.

Prince Andrew is to be stripped of all of his titles and honours. (PA)
