The Gist
Former Prince Andrew has been dealt another blow amid the ongoing fallout of his connection with Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor discovered additional privileges have been revoked during his recent visit to Windsor Castle, a royal columnist claims.
The disgraced royal was recently stripped of all royal titles and honors.
As the fallout continues over ex-Prince Andrew’s relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced royal’s life is looking quite a bit different these days. Amid new revelations about his connections to the financier, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor—as he’s now known after being stripped of his prince and Duke of York titles by King Charles—has agreed to leave his longtime home at Royal Lodge, give up some of his business interests, and step away from royal life. In a new blow, a royal expert claims that Andrew’s loss of rank has also impacted some of his lesser-known privileges, which he reportedly discovered during his latest visit to Windsor Castle.
Andrew, who’s lived in nearby Royal Lodge since 2004, was reportedly met with a rude surprise when he last made an excursion to his late mother Queen Elizabeth II’s primary residence. DailyMail columnist Ephraim Hardcastle told The Express, “It’s all change at Windsor Castle. On his first visit since his title defenestration, the former prince was not saluted by guards. The customary bows he was offered at every turn (and woe betide anyone who forgot) have disappeared.” He added, “Some even relished calling him Mr Mountbatten-Windsor, instead of Your Royal Highness.”

Getty Images
Former Prince Andrew and his family arrive to attend the Easter Matins at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle on April 24, 2011 in Windsor, England
Andrew might have anticipated a change in staff etiquette based on his demotion, but Hardcastle claimed that there was “worse in store for the fallen HRH”—the loss of a convenient food delivery platform coming straight from the castle. “His privilege of having meals sent over from the Castle, a Royal Deliveroo [an alternative to Uber Eats and DoorDash], has been withdrawn,” the columnist shared.

Getty Images
Former Prince Andrew, Duke of York at Westminster Abbey during the Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla on May 6, 2023 in London, England
Getty Images
Sarah, Duchess of York with her daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie during a visit to the Teenage Cancer Trust unit at University College Hospital, London on April 23
While recent reports claim that ex-Prince Andrew agreed to leave the longtime residence he shares with ex-wife Sarah Ferguson to preserve their daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie’s titles, this also means that the princesses of York now outrank their father—and he might need to change his mannerisms around them in public settings due to royal protocol. Veteran royal biographer Robert Hardman previously told The Daily Mail’s “Palace Confidential” that Andrew “probably will” now have to bow to Beatrice and Eugenie in public, but he won’t do so “happily.”
Read the original article on InStyle
