After news of his eviction from the Royal Lodge, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor might have missed out on a royal perk. The disgraced former prince was reportedly given the incentive to move out of his residence for £500,000.
King Charles reportedly offered this to his brother in order for him to move out early, but renovation costs ended up eating up the cost. The Daily Mail’s Palace Confidential (via Express) presenter Jo Elvin said that accepting it will be “humiliating” for Andrew because it means he will be relying on an “allowance” from his brother.
More from SheKnows
The Daily Mail’s Royal Editor Rebecca English says that the firm is looking for ways “knock off a few pounds here or there” because “no one wants to see public money being paid to Andrew”.
“The truth is we don’t entirely know yet because he’s still living there and they’re trying to assess it while he’s there,” the royal expert shared. “They almost probably need him to move out before the surveyors can go around and have a proper look. If it was to be swallowed up it would be quite a happy solution because no one, not the king, not the crown, not the state or anyone wants to see public money being paid to Andrew because that would not be a good look.”
It was previously reported that Andrew was offered £488,341.21 for ending his tenancy on October 30, 2026. However, new reports from the Crown Estate reveal that he might not be eligible for the money. The Crown Estate said: “Our initial assessment is that while the extent of end of tenancy dilapidations and repairs required are not out of keeping with a tenancy of this duration, they will mean in all likelihood that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor will not be owed any compensation for early surrender of the lease… once dilapidations are taken into account.
Rob Shuter’s ShuterScoop previously reported that Andrew is “refusing to leave” Royal Lodge and has been “telling people he wants £75,000,000 to even think about moving out.”
Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, is also very hurt about the way she’s been treated by the royal family after Andrew’s scandal, particularly by Queen Camilla. “Camilla was like a sister to Sarah,” an insider told the National Examiner. “But she’s been pushed into a corner, and that is making Sarah very dangerous.” This all leads down to the former Duchess of York penning a tell-all book about the royals. “She’s a ticking time bomb — and the angrier she gets, the more likely she is to go through with threats to take everyone down with her. Sarah has enough stories to make everyone in the royal family very embarrassed, especially Charles and Camilla,” another source added.
Best of SheKnows
Sign up for SheKnows’ Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
