Aaron Schwartz / CNP Newscom / MEGA; ECAA/ZDS/Euan Cherry/WENN
President Donald Trump offered a brief comment on the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten Windsor after he was taken into custody in the UK on suspicion of misconduct related to his close ties to Jeffrey Epstein.
“I think it’s a shame. I think it’s very sad,” Trump, 79, told a reporter on Thursday, February 19. “I think it’s so bad for the royal family. It’s very, very sad. To me, it’s a very sad thing.”
The president then praised King Charles III, who is reportedly expected to visit the United States in April, per The Telegraph.
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA
“To see what’s going on with his brother, who is obviously coming to our country very soon and is a fantastic man, king. So I think it’s a very sad thing,” Trump said.
Andrew, 66, was arrested at Sandringham Estate, where he had been staying. As the National Enquirer previously reported, authorities arrived around 8 a.m. local time in multiple unmarked vehicles to conduct their investigation.
Andrew, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II’s third child, was taken into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office tied to allegations he shared confidential trade documents during his time as a British envoy, specifically with regard to his close connection to Epstein, who died in jail in 2019.
He was released hours after his arrest. Andrew continues to deny any and all wrongdoing.
