The plaintiff in the case against Pejman Jamshidi, former footballer and Iranian cinema actor, announced in an interview with the Emtedad media outlet that the court verdict has now been issued and formally delivered. According to the ruling, Pejman Jamshidi has been sentenced to 99 discretionary lashes (Shalaq-e Taz’iri).

    The plaintiff, who said she attended all court sessions over the past year without legal representation, stated that she rejected multiple financial settlement offers made by Jamshidi and his legal team. “He and his lawyers repeatedly offered us money, and we refused. Even in the final session, he told me, ‘Do your worst, this is all it will amount to in the end.’ I truly will not forgive him.”

    Pejman Jamshidi was arrested on October 21 last year following a complaint filed by a young actress and was released on bail several days later. Two court hearings concerning allegations of “forcible rape” (Tajavoz beh Onf) against the actor were held in February and May 2026.

    Several Iranian artists and cinema journalists had previously told IranWire that Jamshidi was known within artistic circles for “persistently soliciting relationships.” Sources close to him also told IranWire anonymously that he allegedly consumed drugs heavily.

     

    Share.

    Comments are closed.