Prince Harry and Meghan Markle marked their eighth wedding anniversary on May 19, 2026. The Duchess of Sussex shared videos of the celebrations on her social media. However, Prince Harry is reportedly upset by not receiving wishes on the couple’s big day from the royal family.
Insider reveals Prince Harry’s reaction to Royal Family’s silence on anniversary
As per Rob Shuter, Prince Harry is disappointed with the royal family’s silence on his and Meghan Markle’s wedding anniversary. Sources told Naughty But Nice that none of the senior royals privately or personally contacted the pair on their special day. “There was no phone call, no private message, no peace offering — absolutely nothing,” one insider said. “The silence was very intentional,” the individual further added.
However, royal insiders spotted that Markle’s anniversary photos did not include the royal family. “That omission did not go unnoticed,” a source said. “The photos focused entirely on Harry and Meghan,” they continued. It felt “like the royals had been erased from the story,” the person stated.
Moreover, there are whispers of a rumored effort titled “Project Thaw” from the Duke of Sussex‘s side to calm down tensions with King Charles and Prince William. Nevertheless, some palace insiders are reportedly skeptical.
“Harry keeps sending signals through the media about reconciliation,” another insider said. “But many inside the family think this is more about winning the PR narrative than genuinely rebuilding trust,” the individual further explained. According to sources, both sides are hurt. “There’s still enormous hurt, anger, and suspicion,” the insider continued. “Moments like this don’t heal the divide — they expose how wide it still is,” they concluded.
Amid this, former royal butler Grant Harrold called out Markle for breaking a royal rule by sharing her wedding pictures on her anniversary. “These are intimate and personal moments, and while they are beautiful photos, they’re also very interesting,” he told Showbiz Cheat Sheet on behalf of OLBG. “I don’t think we’ve ever seen internal scenes from a senior royal wedding to this degree. It’s unprecedented,” Harrold continued.
Originally reported by Ritika Singh on Mandatory.
The post Prince Harry Hurt by Royal Family ‘Silence’ on Wedding Anniversary — Insider appeared first on Reality Tea.
